Friday, October 21, 2016

Trader Joe's Smoked Salmon Bacon



The new products just keep coming. 


I expected that I would either seriously dislike this or, at best, decide that it was OK but not good enough for a repeat performance.

I was surprised to find that I actually liked it. The salt and smoke make it taste less like salmon and more like regular bacon than I would have thought possible. Now, this isn't to say that it's my new all-time favorite thing, but it's a lot more pleasant than I had imagined. (Is this the soft bigotry of low expectations?)

Downside: Like frying any fish, cooking this up will leave your kitchen smelling of it for days afterward.

Bonus: Cats love it (based on my scientific survey of 0.0000002% of the world's cats).


Will I buy it again? 

Once in a while, yes.

1 comment:

  1. How does this compare to the salmon pastrami (which I love)? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete