Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Trader Joe's Marinara Sauce Made With Crushed Tomatoes, Garlic & Basil


I thought this was above average in flavor, with a nice acidic bite to the tomato sauce, the way I like. But I wasn't keen on how easily it separated, leaving chunks on top of the pasta, and watery runoff underneath. I also just generally prefer more thoroughly pureed spaghetti sauce over chunky ones like this.

Nina paid it the ultimate compliment in saying that it was very much like she would make for herself--simple and with few ingredients. But that would also prevent her from buying it, because she would just, y'know, make it herself.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. I do a semi homemade thing so i saute garlic and onions, then add jar of pasta sauce and fresh basil if i have it- takes as long as it does to boil pasta!
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete