Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Trader Joe's Oatmeal Exfoliant Bar--Almond Ginger Scent


This bar of soap has two distinctive characteristics:

1. It's enormous--literally the largest bar I've ever tried to wash myself with. Particularly because of its thickness, it's actually challenging to get a hand around it.

2. It has an exceptionally pleasant scent, though I wouldn't have pegged it as either almond or ginger. It wafts through my bathroom and makes the whole place smell nice. And this is coming from a guy who generally eschews any scent in his cleaning and personal hygiene products.

I also like its texture, with little bits of oatmeal roughing it up a little, reminiscent of the other bar soap I buy occasionally from TJ's (which also violates my no-scent rule, but in a way that I enjoy).

On the down side, it seems sticky and slimy on my skin, and is very difficult to rinse off.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I have for decades been using and happy with the unscented, "sensitive skin" Dove bar. I think it's basically perfect, and is dirt cheap. I will continue to change that up once in a while with the lavender bar from TJ's. I would be tempted to do the same with this one because of how nice it smells, if not for the physical awkwardness of using it and the fact that I practically need a squeegee to get it off of my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment