Thursday, April 9, 2015

Trader Joe's California Sun-Dried Tomatoes Julienne Cut



Several months ago, I was making a recipe that called for sun-dried tomatoes. I had never purchased or used them before. I was amazed at how much sweetness they conveyed. Since then, I have used them on salads, as a topping on soup, and on tostadas. You'd think I'd learn what to expect, but I guess I'm a slow learner, because every time I get the same surprise at how radically they change the overall taste of whatever they're with--for the better. It has been one of the best and simplest enhancements I have made to my food life. I don't know how I got along 50+ years without them.

Maybe there are other brands of sun-dried tomatoes, and maybe they're all basically the same. I don't know and I don't care. I love these so much that I'm not even interested in trying any others.

Will I buy it again? 

I expect to never again be without at least one package available for use at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment