Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Trader Joe's Haricots Verts



Why are these called "haricots verts" and not just "green beans"? I admit--I had to look it up. They're a variety of green beans that are longer and thinner than others. "They are also more tender and have a more complex flavor." So there ya go.

But I'm not sure I could tell a difference. They were certainly as good as any other green beans I've had. I'm not a big fan of that vegetable, however. I don't mind green beans, but I don't love them, so I'm probably not the one to ask which are better than others.

These were relatively expensive, though ($2.69 for 12 ounces), so they sure should be good ones.

Will I buy it again? 

I really couldn't tell any meaningful difference between these and the substantially less expensive regular TJ's green beans, so probably not.


Nina's View

J'adore les haricots verts.

They have a great texture when properly cooked, and a lovely green flavor. I think they look lovely too. It bums me that they are very expensive and also from Guatemala (brought up next door to the English Peas, I imagine). 

C'est triste. I cannot justify the expense except perhaps for une fĂȘte especiale.

1 comment: