Thursday, April 2, 2015

Trader Joe's Freshly Made Original Hummus Dip




I am continuing Project Try Every Kind of Hummus On The Planet Except The Obviously Icky Ones Like If They Have "Onion" Or "Garlic" In The Name. I might need to work on shortening that.

Anyway, this was next in line as I plow through Trader Joe's lineup of hummus. The first one I ever bought was the "Tomato Basil Hummus Dip." It was clear why that was a "hummus dip" rather than "hummus," because its first-listed ingredient was tomato paste, not chickpeas. Here, though, I'm stymied on why they're qualifying "hummus" with "dip." Is it the absence of tahini? That's my best guess.

But I couldn't tell from tasting that this is anything other than pretty straightforward plain hummus. Flavorful and a little bit tangy with lemon. It seems very similar to TJ's original version of its "smooth and creamy" line, except, unexpectedly, maybe even smoother and creamier. I think I'd have to taste them side by side to discover any big differences; my memory finds none.

Will I buy it again? 

Sure. It's not spectacularly unusual or memorable, but a perfectly good plain hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment