Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Trader Joe's Thanksgiving



Nina has done Thanksgiving for us in both of the previous Novembers that I've been in Asheville. She didn't sound enthusiastic about cooking again this year, so I volunteered.

My plan was to have everything on the menu come from Trader Joe's, and, as an additional challenge, have them all be things that neither of us has tried before. After quite a bit of fiddling with the list, I settled on the items above.

Note 1: I didn't have any specific vegetable item in mind, but I knew that there were many in the frozen section that we hadn't tried before. The "Fire Roasted Vegetables" was the first one I saw that looked like it would work.

Note 2: I had planned to get either the Fresh Cranberry Sauce or the Cranberry-Orange Relish, but my store was out of both of them, dammit. I had to settle for the jar of rather ordinary-looking cranberry sauce, which probably won't be as good. Oh well.

I'll probably do nine consecutive days of posts about these products starting within the next couple of weeks. Maybe I'll call it "Thanksgiving Review Week."

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. How dedicated you are to this awesome blog! And as a vegetarian myself (20+yrs now) i love seeing more of the veg options reviewed :)
    Please review the vegetarian turkey thing asap! I've always been tempted but field roast's is just soooo good..... I think its just in stores through Christmas but if it doesn't suck i would much rather buy the cheaper one from TJs for upcoming parties and such.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete