Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Trader Joe's Dried Berry Medley



I have mixed opinions about this mix. The dried cherries are excellent--sweet and flavorful. I could eat them all day. The dried whole strawberries are a novel thing to me. They're pretty good, though they seem to lose a lot of their natural sweetness in the drying process. The blueberries are a disappointment. They're little blebs of slightly bitter chewiness with little to no blueberry flavor.

Still, on several occasions I found myself eating a lot more of this than I set out to do. I kept thinking, just a little more. Then a little more. And a little more after that. It was mainly the super-yummy cherries that kept me willing to eat the so-so strawberries and the sad blueberries to get to them.

I see that Trader Joe's sells bags of dried Bing cherries. I guess I'm going to have to try that next.

Will I buy it again? 

It depends. If the dried cherries alone are as good as the ones in this bag, then I think I would always choose that over this. But maybe they're different and not as good, in which case I may well come back for more of this medley.


Addendum 

This wasn't supposed to publish when it did. I meant to move it out of the queue to make room for the post about the gingerbread cookies, but apparently I forgot that step in the process. I didn't even notice that two posts went up at the same time until a couple of days later. Oh well. Might as well leave it now. I just add this note in case anybody wonders why a random day had two reviews instead of the usual one.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure about the dried cherries-somehow cherries are one of the very few flavors I actively hate (related to cherry flavored medicine as a kid). Be sure to stay clear of any dried blueberries anywhere, they are always more sugar than berry with a weird unpleasant texture.
    Am i allowed to admit i like trader joe's dried prunes? They are fat and moist and quite delicious. Even better with a dab of almond butter.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete