Saturday, November 28, 2015

Trader Joe's Wild Grapevine Wreath



I lucked out, and get to review this without buying it. The woman who lives in the apartment next to mine hung this one up, with the store label still on it! (I don't think she even knows that I do a Trader Joe's blog.)

It's certainly rustic, and has a sort of found-art beauty. It has no aroma, which you might see as an advantage if you're sensitive to smells, or a disadvantage if you want your holiday wreath to smell like pine.

For me, the thing just looks a little too Jesus-crown-of-thorns-y, even though there aren't any actual thorns, and it's at least twice as big around. I suppose you could dress it up with some brightening elements that would reduce or eliminate that issue.

But you know what bothers me the most? It's this: Trader Joe's has a guacamole named "Avocado's Number,"* carrots named "Trader Joe's and the Carrots of Many Colors," bran muffins named "Moral Fiber," and fruit bars named, "This Strawberry Walked into a Bar." Yet this same company completely failed in the product naming process here. Because this item absolutely should have been called "The Grapes of Wreath." Case closed.

Will I buy it again? 

No.


*If you don't get the joke, see here.

2 comments:

  1. You were so excited about Avogadro's number that you forgot how to spell avocado!

    Grapes of Wreath, indeed. A name like that would sure make me Fonda of it! And, of course, my brother Tom Joe'd say "Okie Dokie" to a name like that.

    ReplyDelete