Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Trader Joe's Mini Gingerbread Men Cookies



This item is not to be confused with one of a very similar name reviewed here. This is a bakery product, not boxed. Because of that, I expected these cookies to be better than the boxed ones. They're not. They're softer, but that's their only advantage. The boxed version is more intensely gingery and has a better proportion of icing. I also think these bakery cookies are too large to be called "mini."

They're certainly not terrible. I ate them all, and my worst thought was only that they were not as good as they could and should be.

Will I buy it again? 

No.

3 comments:

  1. Those mini gingerbread men in the link you posted are my favorites! They have such great flavor and those little bits of candied ginger inside....
    I have yet to find an acceptable "bakery" item at TJ's, assuming the almond kringle doesn't count.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a family favorite at my house. I'm so disappointed that trader joes discontinued these this year. Searching for a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were THE BEST

    ReplyDelete