Thursday, March 23, 2017

Trader Joe's Fior Delle Alpi Raw Milk Cheese




This is a limited-time-only, feature cheese of the month for March, says Trader Joe's.

They also assert, rightly, that it is "no mild cheese," but "intense." This is true. I wish I had the right word to describe it, but its most prominent note is one I don't recall from any previous cheese. "Nutty" comes closest, but isn't quite right. I also toyed with "bitter," but that isn't it, either. Nor is it the standard "sharpness" of some cheddars. Whatever the correct word, I found it moderately unpleasant. Not bad enough to put me off of eating it, but enough that I'm going to put this particular variety down as one that I'm happy to add to my gustatory experiences but need not try again.


Will I buy it again? 

No.



1 comment: