Friday, March 3, 2017

Trader Joe's Sourdough Sandwich Bread



Trader Joe's only sourdough bread has long been this one, with a loaf shape that, while perhaps traditional, isn't really good for sandwich making, because of the extreme variation in slice sizes. So I was pleased to discover this new version on the shelf recently, and instantly popped one into my basket.

It's still far from perfect--but it's an improvement. The slices are more consistent, but still kind of flattened compared to conventional sandwich breads. And, like the older version, it's only mediocre in the distinctive sourdough biting flavor.


Will I buy it again? 

I still prefer sourdough over most white and wheat breads. So yes, I'll buy this when I need some bread and don't feel like making another grocery stop somewhere else. But I'm still waiting for TJ's to make a sourdough loaf just the way I like it.

1 comment:

  1. I usually eat whole wheat. I don't eat much sour dough.

    ReplyDelete