Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Trader Joe's Pink Grapefruit Marmalade


Once in a while, I spot something on the new-products shelf at Trader Joe's, and know in about one millisecond that I'm going to love it. This was one such item. Pink grapefruit marmalade is something I've never even imagined before, but my instant soul-deep reaction was, "Yes, this is a thing that needs to exist in the world."

I was not wrong. The pink-grapefruit force is strong with this one. It's sweetened enough that it can serve the same functions as more traditional fruit jams, but not so much that you lose the tart essence of the base fruit (as happens often with, say, many cranberry derivatives). TJ's got this one just right.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. I'm not ready to change my lifelong habit of strawberry or raspberry jam as the thing that belongs on morning toast, but this will make for a nice change of pace occasionally.

1 comment: