Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Trader Joe's 3 Seed Sweet Potato Crackers



I thought I would like these better than I did the similar 3-Seed Beet Crackers, reviewed yesterday, on the simple grounds that I generally like sweet potatoes more than beets.

I was wrong.

These lack the nice crisp texture of their shelfmates. They're kind of mealy, soft, and crumbly. They taste so much more like corn cereal (and stale corn cereal at that) than sweet potatoes that I had to check the ingredients list. Sure enough, they contain more corn than sweet potato. What sweet-potato flavor there is completely lacks the "sweet" part.


Will I buy it again? 

No. This is a serious failure of a product. The beet version is better in appearance, taste, and texture.

5 comments:

  1. These was awful. Reminded me of the old subpar sweet potato tortilla chips. These are basically them in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Ok, I totally take back my comment from yesterday, i’ll stick with the beet version.
    (How weird that there’s such a difference between the two)
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!!!! I just bought some of these. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely. I love them! I would buy a crate-full if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these and buy them frequently.....however, last box I purchased the crackers were definitely overbaked....much browner than usual and therefore, a lot of the good flavor was not there!

    ReplyDelete