Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Trader Joe's Yellow Jackfruit Curry With Jasmine Rice


I have tried jackfruit in a few different ways, both in grocery products and in restaurants. With one exception (as part of a dried-fruit medley), it has been a disappointment. There's a lot of hype about how perfectly it can replace meat, but I have not yet found a usage in which that has been true.

This new product from Trader Joe's is no exception. It's bland, uninteresting, and kind of weird. In its favor (?), the serving size is large for the specified one person. But it's hard to say whether my difficulty finishing it is because there was too much food or because it wasn't very pleasant to eat. Probably a combination of both.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously??! I LOVED this! Then again it's been a few decades since i had actual meat so i'm not trying to compare it to anything else. There's some serious spice to it which made me greatful for the rice. I think it's a great actually flavorful and filling meatless option.
    If you decide to try jackfruit again Uptons Naturals (sold at whole foods etc) makes a great bbq sauce jackfruit hat works great for a hot sandwich or as a pizza topping
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were sampling this yesterday at my local TJ's and I bought it on the spot! I loved it too and will definitely be buying this again!

    ReplyDelete