Thursday, January 18, 2018

Trader Joe's Organic Pomegranate Hibiscus Kombucha


Trader Joe's seems to be making a big (or at least biggish) push for kombucha. They are suddenly carrying several different varieties--not all TJ's-branded--when a year ago I don't remember them having any. This is the second of TJ's own line that I've tried, the first being here.

I liked this one better, though Nina tasted it first and predicted that I wouldn't like it at all. I guess you can put pomegranate in just about anything and I'll like it. But I still prefer the heavily spiced versions from a local company, Buchi.


Will I buy it again? 

I doubt it.

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted more flavor here, it was certainly tasty and significantly cheaper than elsewhere. I actually make my own now but when i do buy one occasionally i’ll stick to my most favorite GTS gingerade, which is $2.99 at TJs in nyc- easily a dollar or more cheaper than elsewhere.
    Since i started drinking kombucha daily i’ve noticed a huge improvement on my overall digestion and my tummy loves me (also why i make it myself now, it can be an expensive habit!)
    Hopefully TJs does more specialty flavors, and i would love to see them make a version with chia seeds like GTS does
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried this stuff. If you like something that tastes like a mixture of apple cider vinegar and fruit punch, this is your drink. If you like kombucha, pay a little more and get the name brand. I poured this stuff down the drain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really enjoy'ed the energy generated by .this drink

    ReplyDelete