Monday, January 29, 2018

Trader Joe's Organic Italian Artisan Pasta--Orecchiette



In flavor, this is like any other semolina pasta. What makes it unusual is the shape: "little ears."

I thought I would like this, first, because I like chunky, forkable pastas more than spaghetti, and, second, because it looked like it would hold a lot of sauce easily. I was right on both counts.

However, it had two drawbacks that I had not anticipated. First, it's unusually slow to cook. I guess it takes a while for the water to penetrate the thickish pasta nuggets. Second, once cooked, they tend to nestle inside each other and form clumps. This is unlike my current favorite snowflake pasta (I've stocked up on it for the long year ahead), which does not clump.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment