Monday, January 15, 2018

Trader Joe's Latin Style Black Bean Soup


After eating this with dinner again last week, I turned to the blog archives to see what I had written about it. I was surprised to discover that I had never reviewed it. I mentioned it once back in December 2014, and surely intended to write a review then, but I guess it never happened. And then every time I've had it since then, I've assumed that it was done. I didn't take a picture of the box for the same reason, so I had to swipe the one above from Trader Joe's own site.

Anyway, I like this soup. It's just spicy enough to be pleasing and interesting, without being overwhelming. The flavor of the black beans still predominates over the spices. And despite "garlic" being the first thing mentioned after the beans, I don't notice it. (This is a good thing, because I'm not much of a garlic fan.)

I tried thinking of appropriate Latin phrases I could use to make a joke about "Latin style" soup, but failed. I'm sorry.


Will I buy it again? 

In case you hadn't noticed, I have done so several times already.

1 comment:

  1. This might be the only boxed soup i buy on a semi regular basis- although I always doctor it up so it’s more of a meal. I like to add a can of the TJs “cuban beans” for more flavor and texture, and then some combo of corn, halved cherry tomatoes, maybe chopped zucchini, and then top it with scallions and fresh cilantro and avocado if i have some around. Basically just dump in a pot and simmer while i rummage around for corn chips and a bowl.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete