Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Frites



I liked these more than I thought I would. However, I prepared them in a toaster oven, which was probably not ideal, because I had to crowd them together to fit on the baking tray. Nina pointed out--and I agree--that they would probably have an even nicer, crisper texture if spread out more on a cookie sheet in a regular oven. (I was trying to save time, on the basis that the toaster oven would get up to temperature faster. I was hungry.)


Will I buy it again? 

Yes.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these..!! Definitely use the oven next time and give some space, they take longer than the directions say (as usual), especially to get crispy. Flip halfway the through baking.

    For a slightly healthier version i’m loving the new fresh crinkle cut butternut squash tossed with some olive oil and the 21 seasoning blend and then bake. Takes about the same amount of time, outside gets crispy and the innards stay soft like a fat french fry.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete