Friday, January 12, 2018

Kerrygold Dubliner 100% Natural Cheese



Sold at Trader Joe's, though not a TJ's-branded product.

This doesn't say "cheddar" anywhere on it. But if it's not, it's a close imitation. (The manufacturer's web site says, "Dubliner is a robust aged cow’s milk cheese with a bit of a hard texture similar to a Cheddar.") Sharper than most cheddars, in a kind of harsh, unpleasant way.

It's possible that I was primed to be disappointed in this because I'm still mourning the loss of the wonderful Lite Sharp Celtic. This is Irish, so I wanted it to be that in a different wrapper, and it isn't. Which isn't exactly a fair way to evaluate it, but that's life.


Will I buy it again? 

No. My go-to cheddars will remain the Extra Sharp Canadian and New Zealand Grass Fed Sharp.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's just better as an ingredient vs as is for snacking kind of cheese...?
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete