Friday, October 10, 2014

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Cranberry Crisps


I read an article recently in which a Trader Joe's store manager is quoted as saying that TJ's has 63 seasonal pumpkin-flavored items this year. Sixty-three! How is a blog supposed to keep up? I could review one every day, and pumpkin season would be over before I was finished.

But I'm really not that pumpkin-crazy. I've bought less than a dozen of the 63. Sorry TJ's, but that's going to thoroughly exhaust my interest in the Pumpkin Everything meme.

Nina is the one who purchased this item, and brought it to my house for dinner last week. It bears more than a passing resemblance to the Raisin Rosemary Crisps discussed recently. Because of having been surprised at liking those, I was less suspicious of the pumpkinized version than I probably would have been otherwise.

We had them with thin slices of Iberico cheese, and it made a fine combination. All sorts of flavors and textures were going on simultaneously: some sweet, some savory, some crunchy, some chewy, some smooth, some rough, some dry, some moist. I was pleasantly surprised again.

Will I buy it again? 

I think I could make room in my life to revisit this once a year.


Nina's View

These are good, but I'm fine with one box a year. They do not compete at all with the Raisin Rosemary Crisps. 




No comments:

Post a Comment