Thursday, February 26, 2015

Trader Joe's Traditional Marinara Sauce



I didn't like this nearly as well as the tomato-basil marinara sauce. First, the taste was more generic, less distinctive. Second, it's moderately chunky. I was raised with well-blended pasta sauces. I freely admit that this is a childhood prejudice for purees being carried over much too late in life, but it exists nonetheless.

I'll eat it and be happy--just not as happy as I would be with a couple of other possible choices.

Will I buy it again? 

No.


Nina's View

I actually prefer this marinara to the tomato-basil version. (I have, however, recently sampled the roasted garlic version which is even better.) I grew up with actual home-made marinara, so I tend to favor a sauce with some texture to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment