Sunday, April 5, 2015

Trader Joe's Strawberry Chia 100% Juice Smoothie



Really, Trader Joe's--we have got to have a talk about what "100% juice" means. Once you add chia seeds--which are not juice--you cannot legitimately call the product "100% juice." I assume that there is some bizarre FDA regulation loophole that allows this, but it's intrinsically deceptive.

That aside, this stuff was better than the one other time I tried a chia-seed juice. That was slimy and unpleasant. This is not. It's much more strawberry than chia. I was definitely aware that the strawberry was being intruded upon by some other taste, but I would not have been able to name it without looking at the label.

I guess overall I would categorize this as tolerable, but not good.

Will I buy it again? 

No. Juices and smoothies can be so much better than just tolerable. Why settle?

No comments:

Post a Comment