Monday, April 27, 2015

Trader Joe's Tropical Carrot Juice Blend



Once more we wade into the murky, treacherous waters of a Trader Joe's "juice blend." This time the subject is kind of an odd one: "tropical carrot," two words that don't really belong together.

According to the list of ingredients, we have here water, carrot juice concentrate, grape juice concentrate, apple juice concentrate, pineapple juice concentrate, kiwi juice concentrate, lime juice concentrate, malic acid, mango puree, plus a few minor ingredients.

My first taste impression was "peach"--which, you may notice, isn't in there. I later decided that it was a little more mango than peach, but it was a close call. I'm still not sure what combination of juices added up to peach in my brain's sensory center.

You know what I never tasted at any point in drinking about 60 of the 64 ounces (with one serving going to Nina)? Carrot. Y'know, the thing in the name of the beverage. Go figure.

Will I buy it again? 

No. It wasn't nearly as bad as some of the other big-jug blends we've tried, but it was kind of weird, too sweet, and not particularly refreshing.


Nina's View

The best use I can think of for this vaguely tropical tasting beverage (unlike Bob I hallucinated a coconut flavor that wasn't there, not peach) is in an umbrella cocktail, with plenty of rum and ice. And maybe some bitters. 

Actually, that sounds pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment