Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Trader Joe's Wild King Salmon Jerky



This is a brand-new product at Trader Joe's. See the company's description of it here.

TJ's had a salmon jerky before, but I never got around to tasting it. TJ's description of the new product kind of bashes the old one, so I assume they are not keeping the old one around. If they were, they'd find some way to say that they're both excellent, just different tastes for different folks. If you want to read a comparison from somebody who tried both, see here.

I liked this more than I thought I would. Its flavor is that of salmon, mostly without general fishiness. It breaks and tears easily, which is nice--unlike some beef jerky that you could use to pull out teeth. It is not overly sweetened, and doesn't taste too salty (though the label discloses that there is actually one metric ton of salt in each bag--or something like that, I may have the details wrong).

All in all, I found it surprisingly pleasant.

Will I buy it again? 

Maybe someday, though I didn't like it enough to add to my regular snacking rotation.


Nina's View

This is yummy. I can see myself eating it often. The sodium content is high enough to brine a whale, so I shall have to moderate my inclination to snarf down the whole package at one sitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment