Monday, August 3, 2015

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Rice Pasta & Cheddar



This is Day 2 of Gluten-Free Week. 


If you served this to me without telling me what it was, I would think it a was a pretty normal, average, unremarkable box of mac and cheese, although it seemed much saltier than my memory of TJ's other boxed mac and cheese products. Strangely, the pasta is a little chewier than usual, whereas my limited experience with rice pasta suggests that it's usually softer and more fragile.

This is a rare instance in which if one were forced to live without gluten, this item could be substituted for things like Kraft's ubiquitous boxes with no meaningful loss. It's not nearly as good as Trader Joe's best of the genre, the Organic Shells and White Cheddar. But it's good enough--especially if you add some tuna and/or peas.

Will I buy it again? 

Me me? No. But suddenly-developed-gluten-intolerance me? Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment