Monday, September 11, 2017

Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Mango Chips



I bought this a few years ago--I don't really have any idea when, but it carries a "best by" date of May 2016. It got buried under other stuff in my cupboards and forgotten, until my recent move. For all I know, it might have been discontinued long ago,rendering this review useless; I haven't checked. But it was still perfectly good.

The chips appear to have been fried; palm oil is the only listed ingredient other than mango. They are extremely crunchy, like the most overdone little French fries at the bottom of the McDonald's bag. This contrast with what my brain expects mango to be was weirdly pleasant, like an intriguing paradox.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes, if they still make it. I found it to be quite a compelling late-night snack.

3 comments:

  1. Haha must have been a spare bag! I don't think they're around anymore, but there is freeze dried mango
    http://exploringtraderjoes.blogspot.com/2016/08/trader-joes-crispy-crunchy-mango-chips.html?m=1
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I completely forgot that I had had these before and wrote about them. Well, my impression was about the same both times, though I was more creative in the description the first time. I did search the "mango" tag before writing this review to be sure I had not done this product before, but I had failed to add that tag to the previous review, so I missed it. (I've fixed that now.)

    As for freeze-dried, see tomorrow's review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just made me giggle :) curious your thoughts on the freeze dried, i always have the frozen mango on hand for snacking on when it's semi-defrosted but in the winter maybe i should switch to crunchy...!
      Ttrockwood

      Delete