Friday, September 1, 2017

Trader Joe's Cornbread Crisps


As you might guess, these are cracker-sized morsels of crisp cornbread. They magically combine the distinctive taste of cornbread with the texture of thick crackers.

It's an unusual combination, one that I've never heard of before. And it works; they're quite tasty.

I'm not sure what their optimal usage is, though. They're OK to just munch on by themselves, but it seems that something is missing. I tried using them to dip into some Chipotle Black Bean Dip, and that didn't seem quite right. Further experimentation will be required. Maybe with some of TJ's nice queso?


Will I buy it again? 

I'm not sure. It depends on whether I can figure out their place in my snacking universe.


7 comments:

  1. These are great as a chili topping or something to dip in a taco dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so delicious - I can't stay out of them! Some salty with a little bit of sweet, definite cornbread flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bag barely lasted 48hours! I love the light flakey texture and they really do have a great cornbread flavor. I love them as is, they were even better with some guacamole and with salsa. I used the crumblies at the bottom like croutons on my salad.
    I think they would be fantastic with TJs vegetarian chili or the black bean soup.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am obsessed with these! Even though it sounds insane, I'm fairly certain these would taste delicious dipped in a tiny bit of honey butter, like hushpuppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why you think that "sounds insane." Sound like a great idea to me!

      Delete
  5. These are (as the young might put it) 'Da BOMB!!! SO Delicious! Sweet/Salty, Salty/Sweet, indeed! Great salt that they're using on these, too. And the oil! These are hitting all my favorite flavor receptors! Enjoy with a nice, California Chardonnay (I'm having mine with a Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve at the moment, and they work beautifully together!). Will DEFINITELY be going back for more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. Thanks for the tout, Bob.

    ReplyDelete