Monday, May 4, 2015

Trader Joe's Handcrafted Black Bean & Cheese Taquitos



These are pretty good, not great. I fault them for (1) being on the bland side, and (2) having no discernible cheese taste. If you were fed these blindfolded, you'd think they were just bean taquitos, not bean and cheese.

Will I buy it again? 

Once in a while.


Addendum, July 8, 2017: 

I had these again--kind of accidentally. Nina had a potluck dinner at her house. I saw some taquitos on the table and helped myself to some. I had no idea they were Trader Joe's, nor that they were an item I had had before, until after I had powered through a couple of them. I liked them a lot more than my description above, and I found them to be nicely seasoned, not bland at all.

This is another incident that goes to show how subjective taste-testing is. I doubt the product has changed, but it was a different day, I was probably in a different mood and/or had different expectations, and my history with food has evolved since I first tried this product.

I want more, and I think it will more than the "once in a while" I grudgingly conceded originally.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried several TJ's Mexican items. None has been truly satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are crap. No taste, and full of chemicals. And the outside cover of the burrito sticks to the covering that is recommended on the heating instructions such that you have to peal off the burrito itself to remove the cover you used for heating, unless of course you want to eat the item you used to cover the burrito.

    ReplyDelete