Saturday, August 29, 2015

Trader Joe's Ciabatta Rolls



Nina bought these and used them in place of hamburger buns for a second try at the Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burgers. I liked the flavor, and would probably like the texture in other contexts, but I thought they were a little too unyielding to serve well as burger buns.

I'll have to try them again in some other way before rendering a firm thumbs-up or thumbs-down.

Will I buy it again? 

So at this point we don't know. (That right there is a completely random, out-of-context quotation from David Mamet, "Sexual Perversity in Chicago.")


Nina's View

I like these rolls A LOT. They were not a good match up with the the Quinoa Cowboy Veggie burgers, which are exceedingly mooshy. The flavor and texture are excellent; they taste non-generic in a very nice way.

1 comment:

  1. I looooove those quinoa veggie burgers but i think they are not as good for a true "burger" on a bun and best with a toasted til crunchy edges english muffin.
    The ciabatta rolls i like best for cubing to make my own croutons or for panzanella
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete