Saturday, August 22, 2015

Trader Joe's Salted Tortilla Chips



Yet another in Trader Joe's bewildering array of tortilla chips. I finished my bag of the one reviewed here Thursday and started on this one in the same sitting, so I could compare them directly. These are a little better: thicker and stronger--hence better for dipping into dense hummus--and with more corn flavor. But really, if I weren't trying them side by side, I wouldn't have noticed any difference.

TJ's could do with some serious thinning of its tortilla chip line. The proliferation of minor variants--white corn/yellow corn/blue corn, organic/regular, triangular/round/"longboard"--just wastes shelf space and confuses customers.

Will I buy it again? 

Sure, though without any particular enthusiasm.

1 comment:

  1. These are usually the ones I buy. I haven't tried many others. But I like these. Thick, strong, and not overly salty. I agree with there being too many options ;-) That's one thing I like about shopping at TJ's versus a grocery store (usually). The less options I have for a single option, the less decisions I have to make ;-)

    ReplyDelete