Saturday, September 6, 2014

Trader Joe's Lemonade Stand Lemonade Concentrate



I drink a lot of lemonade during the summer. Most of what I buy is frozen concentrate, since it's so much better than powdered stuff, and so much easier to carry home than the ready-made stuff. I have tried lots and lots of different brands, and I always end up going back to Minute Maid. I just like it better than its competitors, and especially better than most store brands, even though it costs a little more.

I'm going to have to make an exception in that generalization now. I'm trying this one from Trader Joe's for the first time, and I'm liking it. It's a little more tart than Minute Maid, but pleasantly so. It's not overly sweetened. It's really quite good.

I didn't make note of the price, but I'd bet that it's either comparable or less than Minute Maid.

Will I buy it again? 

I will definitely buy it at least once more to see if it seems consistent over time, and to note the price for comparison with Minute Maid. If I like the second batch as much as the first, and the prices are competitive, this may well become my preferred brand of frozen lemonade concentrate. At the very least, it's a close second.


1 comment:

  1. I tried this for the 1st time,I believe it was 2 yrs ago then when I went back to purchase again, found out they stopped selling it because they weren't selling that great. I wished I'd known they sold this years ago. It would have sold. I go in the common stores and all you see is store brand stuff. Can't find what you want anymore. Took a chance on Trader Joe's and was really surprised. They're frozen lemonade has LESS sugar and it was so good. You had the tart taste with a little sugar. So disappointed. I believe if more people were aware of the lemonade, it would have sold as expected. Too bad !

    ReplyDelete