Sunday, April 3, 2016

Trader Joe's Crispy Crunchy Jackfruit Chips



Jackfruit is a new concept to me. I think the only time I had encountered it in any form prior to this was at a vegan restaurant in Asheville where it is used, oddly, as the base of some fake-meat dishes.

I liked the texture of these dried chips, though I wouldn't exactly call them "crunchy." They're softer than, say, Cheetos.

The taste is hard to describe. The package says it's "somewhat reminiscent of banana, pineapple and mango." I think I'd peg it as roughly a blend of mango and apple. It's pleasant, but doesn't make me fall in love with jackfruit.


Will I buy it again? 

No. There are too many wonderful dried fruits to settle for something that's just meh.


Nina's View

I tried these quite some time ago. The fact that I can remember very little about them suggests to me that they are not memorable. "Meh" probably covers it, and to the extent they have a mango-ish flavor, it's probably more like "meh-minus." Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment