Saturday, April 9, 2016

Trader Joe's Kettle Cooked Chicken Soup




This is a brand-new item; see Trader Joe's description of it here. $5.99 for 32 ounces.

Did not like. I have a hard time believing that there is more chicken meat than celery and onions by weight, even though that's what the package claims. It seemed to me like celery/onion/carrot soup with bits of chicken added as an afterthought. Had I known how thick this was with onion and celery, I would not have purchased it. (I don't hate celery as much as I do onion, but nothing is made better by having celery in it, and everything is made worse by having celery in it.) As it was, I ate less than a quarter of this tub before dumping the rest.

I do fully realize that my hatred of onions is a weird quirk of mine, and that as a result anything with onions as more than a tiny constituent is going to get an extremely skewed review from me. But there's not much I can do about it, other than avoiding the products that for that reason I know in advance I'll hate. After all, the only opinion I can give you is my own, no matter how biased or flawed it may be.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like it either. Has too many carrots. It tastes too sweet to me because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to have a blog you should at least try to sound intelligent and not come across as someone so simpleminded he dislikes something because it has onions. this is as close to homemade deli chicken soup as you'll find in a grocery store

    ReplyDelete