Saturday, April 16, 2016

Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookies


This may be the most famous Trader Joe's product that I had not yet sampled--except for the various forms of cookie butter, of course, which I'm deliberately avoiding for fear of clinical addiction.

I had read in several places that these are the same cookies that Delta Airlines serves on its flights, though without the logo. I believe it. They do indeed taste exactly the way I remember those snacks.

They're good. I can eat a lot of them in a sitting and not feel tired of them. They're about as simple as cookies can be: wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oil, "sugar candy syrup," baking soda, salt, cinnamon, lecithin. I have no complaints.

But I'm never going to love them the way I do some other TJ's cookies.


Will I buy it again? 

Probably, once in a while, though I don't see it becoming a staple item for me.

1 comment:

  1. Fun fact for you- these are vegan!! They are entirely too easy to munch in multiples....and i too would swear they are the same as the Biscoff cookies on airplanes
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete