Monday, September 12, 2016

Trader Joe's Organic Lemony Greens Blend



This is Day Two of New Products Week. 


This is an excellent salad blend. But lemony? I couldn't taste it. But I realized that if anything was going to be lemony, it must be the dock, because that was the only component I had never had before. So I figured out which leaves were the dock and nibbled on a couple of them separately. And wow--they really are lemony! Kind of amazing, actually. The effect is diluted by the presence of all the other greens (and salad dressing), but it's definitely real.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes. I already have. It has become one of my regular purchases. My stock salad is a bag of lettuce or lettuce blend (Champs Elysees, butter lettuce/radicchio, or plain butter lettuce), plus a bag of one of the non-lettuce blends (herb salad mix, spicy spinach blend, Power to the Greens, or, now, this lemony greens blend). I also usually pour in half a bag of shredded carrots. That makes enough that I can have a large bowl of the resulting mix daily for a week (including my dinner with Nina).

No comments:

Post a Comment