Monday, November 21, 2016

Trader Joe's Brownie Truffle Baking Mix



Good brownies. However, they're a little too much cocoa as opposed to chocolate for my taste, and I'm not a fan of chocolate chips added to brownies, as these have. Also, I didn't like having to use a full stick of butter to make them, rather than the more typical vegetable oil called for by other mixes. Still, I'd happily eat them anytime they were served to me.


Will I buy it again? 

No. It's not because I didn't like them. It's only because I long ago discovered that the best brownie mix in the universe is Ghirardelli's "Chocolate Supreme." (Ghirardelli makes eight different brownie mixes, so it's easy to get confused as to which is which. The "Chocolate Supreme" is the only one with a packet of chocolate syrup that you add to the dry mix. This is clearly indicated on the front of the box, and is the only way I can remember which one to buy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment