Friday, December 8, 2017

Trader Joe's ABC + K Slaw



Eating this slaw was the first occasion in my life in which I've been inclined to say, "There's not enough kale here."

Because of how it's packed, with the kale on top, it's easy to believe there's more of it than turns out to be so. In reality, you end up with a kind of gloppy mix of carrot shreds and beet shreds, with an occasion stray kale leaf, and some glops of apple. Nothing mixes together well.

That said, when I bought it I thought there was about a 75% chance that I'd hate it and not even finish one serving. I didn't hate it. In fact, I liked it better than Nina did, which I would have estimated had a 0.00000001% chance of being true. That doesn't mean that I loved it, but I didn't mind it--and I ate all of mine, while she quit about halfway through hers. I even went back and had two more servings of it over the next couple of days.


Will I buy it again? 

No. I think apples, beets, and carrots pretty much need to stay in their own lanes.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to love this but somehow the shredded apple was a dealbreaker for me. And yes it needs more kale. Well, and i wasn't into the dressing (oranges and apples can stay out of my salad thankyouverymuch). Soooo, yeah won't rebuy but did eat it all with my own vinegrette.
    The mega crunchy salad with bite is my go to lately, it's been around a long time but they made it better than it was originally, and the dressing has a nice bit of heat to it
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete