Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Trader Joe's Romano Caesar Dressing


I would never have bought this for myself, but Nina had it at her house, so I tried it.

I suppose the most salient fact is that I used it several times, and still couldn't remember anything about it. Each time, I would make a mental note to pay attention to it, then get lost in conversation and finish the salad without registering any particular like or dislike. This means that it's good enough that it doesn't trigger a "yuck" alert for me, as most salad dressings do. (It's one of the food categories about which I'm still a very picky eater.) But it wasn't good enough to trigger a "yum" hit in my brain's pleasure center, either. It just kind of slid by with little notice.

Tasting it on a fingertip, it's strongly cheesy, but that seems to kind of fade away in a salad.


Will I buy it again? 

No, not good enough for that. But I find it at least acceptable.

1 comment:

  1. It's actually good for pasta salads or grain salads. It doesn't register as a ceasar for me (i think of ceasar as more creamy) but i don't buy it on a regular basis.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete