Friday, December 29, 2017

Trader Joe's Servilleta Goat's Milk Cheese




This is the latest in my occasion ventures to try unfamiliar cheeses.

I didn't care for it. It wasn't horrible, and I ate it all, but I kept wishing it were one of my favorites instead of what it is. There's a little bitterness to it, and a lot of earthiness. Maybe it was just my imagination acting on the knowledge that it was goat cheese, but I could have sworn it tasted something like how goats smell. That is not a compliment.


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. I gave up on trying anything made from goats milk a long time ago now. I've been diligent and tried chevre, aged goat cheese, goats milk cheddar, goatmilk itself (omfg ICK), goats milk yogurts (yup, several!) and even "it doesn't taste like goat cheese" flavored chevre. No more. They ALL have that goat-y funk and taste vaguely like wet barn.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete