Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Lightlife Smart Tenders Meatless Savory Chicken


This is the latest fake-meat product Trader Joe's has started carrying. You can see the manufacturer's information about it here. It's mostly a blend of wheat and soy protein.

I like these just fine. They rank right up there with my current favorite similar product, this one from Beyond Meat, made from soy and pea protein.

Nina thought they were OK in flavor, but deficient in texture, being too homogeneous.

My biggest complaint is that there's only six in a box. That was enough for two servings, as the label indicates--but just barely. I think both of us would have been happier with one more each.


Will I buy it again? 

Sure. It's been a while since I tried Trader Joe's own Chickenless Tenders, but I think I like these even better.

1 comment:

  1. I really like these! So glad to have a plain chickenless option unlike the frozen ones that are fried.
    The texture was significantly better after slicing into strips and pan frying in just a tiny bit of oil, then the outside edges get more firm. Made for great tacos and another meal used some in a ceasar salad (whole foods makes a good vegan ceasar dressing)
    And they’re significantly less expensive at TJs than any other store. They will be a new regular purchase for me
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete