Friday, August 17, 2018

Trader Joe's Chicken Ramen Soup



Pretty clever of Trader Joe's to release two new flavors of ramen soup in the week before the college kids are heading back to the dorms, eh? (Say, did you know that the University of Southern California has student housing with a Trader Joe's right in the same building? It's almost enough to makes me want to go back and do college all over again. Almost.)

Preparation was easy, following the microwave directions: Open the two little packets inside (one powdered flavoring, one oil), add water, zap for 90 seconds, stir, and let sit for six minutes. The noodles came out cooked just right.

But I can't say I'm excited about the result. Nothing terrible, but it's pretty generic chicken-noodle soup, with a heavy emphasis on the "noodle" part, and only hints and whiffs of the "chicken" part. You could buy any number of similar but better products in a can (and have a recyclable container, rather than one in the trash, as this cup will be).


Will I buy it again? 

No.

1 comment:

  1. I had the miso ramen (vegan) which was surprisingly good! Great miso flavor, and included a few pcs of seaweed too. I did the add hot water method which worked well, and added in some cubes of the baked tofu TJs sells. Made for an excellent filling quick meal.
    I’ll definitely buy it again for traveling and for my desk drawer.
    Definitely high in sodium like any ramen but I recognize the ingredients and like they use a paper cup
    Ttrockwood
    Ps
    I’ve been in nyc for so long it was years before the first trader joes even opened here! Those were the Dark Days....

    ReplyDelete