Thursday, April 4, 2019

Trader Joe's Organic Honey Hedgehog Cookies With Cultured Butter


Day 4 of Cookie Week.

If you want to get a mental preview of what these odd little cookies are like to eat, do this:

  • Call up your memory of animal crackers. 
  • Think smaller. 
  • Morph them into the shape of hedgehogs. 
  • Add some nice honey flavor. 
  • Add an odd "edge" of cultured butter. 
And there you go! That's what's in this box, divided into six pouches of maybe a dozen or so cookies each.

It was that last step, the cultured butter part, that was the problem for me. I just couldn't help constantly noticing and disliking it, like when there's an out-of-tune key on a piano.


Will I buy it again? 

No. Even without the cultured-butter misstep, I don't think these would have a place in my life.

But they are cute, I'll give them that.

1 comment:

  1. I’m a big fan of whimsical shaped cookies and crackers (pretzel goldfish are a favorite), so i wanted to try these but there was the butter issue.
    Also, I’m putting efforts into not buying excess packaging so the package of smaller packages isn’t my favorite idea.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete