Friday, November 7, 2014

Trader Joe's Organic Tofu Veggie Burgers



I'm not 100% sure--cuz, you know, the memory is the second thing to go--but I believe that these burgers constituted the first time I have purchased tofu, and the first time that I have eaten it.

As you might have guessed from the fact that today's photo was taken in the store (implying that I no longer have the product on hand, and don't want to buy it again), it was not an experience I'm eager to repeat. They were far from the worst thing I've ever eaten, but there was no way to fool myself into thinking I was eating an ordinary burger, even with the bun, cheese, ketchup, pickles, and lettuce as indicators (or maybe as disguises). If the bland off-taste didn't tip me off, the odd whitish color inside would have.

There are veggie burgers that I like a lot--particularly those from MorningStar. It's not that I'm opposed to the whole concept. I'm just opposed to versions of the concept that taste bad. Like these did.

Will I buy it again? 

Tofu me once, shame on you. Tofu me twice, shame on me.




No comments:

Post a Comment