Saturday, November 22, 2014

Trader Joe's Peanut Butter Chewy Coated & Drizzled Granola Bars



I generally don't like granola bars, because most of them have some sort of nuts as a prime ingredient, and I'm at least mildly anti-nut. But among TJ's thousand or so varieties of granola bars, I found this one with no nuts. (Well, peanuts, but they're not really nuts anyway.) I wasn't sure if I would like it--but I did.

It's peanuts and peanut butter, with rolled oats, wheat flakes, rice crips, and a hint of caramel. What's not to like? It makes an excellent late-night snack. It would also make a nice energy source for a long hike or bike ride.

Will I buy it again? 

I'll try. The trick will be picking the right package. The granola bar selection at TJ's is hugely daunting and confusing--almost as bad as trying to find the one trail mix you like among the one million choices there.

No comments:

Post a Comment