Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Trader Joe's Chocolate Marbles



If you're still undecided on a Christmas gift for a chocolate lover, consider a box of Trader Joe's Chocolate Marbles. They're attractively packaged, expensive on a per-piece basis ($4.99, or about 42 cents each), and delicious. Nina pointed out that both are from France and that they look suspiciously like TJ's Magic Beans, so we're thinking they're from the same manufacturer.

You get two each of six different flavors: almond, hazelnut, chocolate mousse, coconut, caramel, and crispy cookie. I liked the last four approximately equally, with the mousse and caramel being standouts; the two nutty ones not as much.

One minor complaint is that they're hard to get out of the container, because they're held so snugly in place. Nina discovered the trick: push on the tray from underneath.


Will I buy it again? 

Close call--but probably not. Not because I didn't like them, but because there are other chocolates I like even better, and these are kind of pricey. But I'd be delighted to receive another box as a gift.


Nina's View


Agreed: these would make an excellent "hostess gift." I like them a lot. For me, the standout was the almond praline, although it doesn't taste all that much of almond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment