Monday, December 21, 2015

Trader Joe's Spicy Salami Spread With Tomato Paste & Spices--Nduja



This is a new Trader Joe's product; see the company's introduction to it here.

What you see is what you get: a meaty, spicy, tomato-y spread. Though such a thing seems like it couldn't possibly exist, this is actually spreadable salami.

I liked it even more than I thought I would. In fact, I loved it. I put it on crackers, and ate and ate and ate. Delicious. I had nearly half of the container before I stopped myself, but I was left wanting more.

It's so good, in fact, that I would put it on my Top Ten list, if not for one thing. And if you've been a regular reader, you can probably guess what that one thing is: my slow but sure long-term movement away from eating meat, especially beef and pork. I enjoyed this stuff tremendously, but I could be every bit as happy using Soy Chorizo in its place, or any of the three spicy varieties of the superb, locally made Roots brand hummus (hot chipotle, mango sriracha, or Thai coconut curry). And those things I can do without guilt while reading Charlotte's Web, or watching "Babe," or looking at YouTube videos of cute pigs.


Will I buy it again? 

No, because pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment