Monday, December 7, 2015

Trader Joe's Garlic & Butter Mashed Potatoes



This is the ninth of ten consecutive days of reviews of the things Nina and I tried at our all-Trader-Joe's Thanksgiving meal.


I like mashed potatoes, but I don't like cooking and mashing them. So I've long been one of those lazy Neanderthals who use instant. These are pretty much like every other, except for having a mild garlic component added. Since I'm not a fan of garlic, I'll never again choose these over Hungry Jack, Ore-Ida, or some similar product. However, I do like the pouches inside the box for making less than the whole amount; saving the rest of the ones that are just flakes inside a box is a pain. I wish the brands I usually purchase would adopt this practice.


Will I buy it again?

No.

1 comment:

  1. Instant potatoes are really not my thing at all, but i bought the frozen mashed ones and those are actually amazing! No garlic anywhere, and frozen in small portions inside the bag. very basic milk and butter and potatoes-they made a nice soup base too.
    Ttrockwood

    ReplyDelete