Friday, January 8, 2016

Trader Joe's Roasted Root Vegetable Ravioli



Brand-new Trader Joe's product; see the company's description of it here.

This ought to be better than it is, what with the several different vegetables and two kinds of cheese. But it's just kind of bland and dull. I can taste some cheese if I try, but it's not prominent enough. I get a vague sense of veggies, but if I didn't see bits of carrot, I would never be able to guess what they were from the flavors.

It's not terrible, but it's disappointing.


Will I buy it again? 

No.


Nina's View

These should be pierogies. If they tasted better, they'd be pierogies. The Blandification Committee has had its way with what ought to be a delicious root-vegetable dish of pillowy comfort-foodness.

I think these would probably go over well with kids. But give me the previous Beet Ravioli instead, any day.

3 comments:

  1. Sad to see these were disappointing =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had it for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed them. I see why you think kids would like them, they are a little on the sweet side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Root Veg Ravioli was lower fat compared to the rest of their ravioli packages and was delicious (especially considering it was healthier than their others). Wish TJ's would BRING THIS BACK AND GIVE IT A BETTER NAME so it can have a fighting chance to be bought. I bet those who dared to buy this great ravioli with the repelling name are nutrition-conscious TJ patrons!!

    ReplyDelete