Sunday, January 10, 2016

Trader Joe's Mini Butterscotch Shortbread Buttons


This is now Day 8 of our slightly extended New Products Week. 



Rejoice!

If you missed the wonderful but only seasonally available Butterscotch Shortbread Wreath Cookies, Trader Joe's is now producing the same thing in a slightly different physical form: small "buttons" instead of large "wreaths." The form doesn't matter. They taste just as scrumptious. So, like their Christmastime counterparts, they earn immediate membership in my Top Ten list.


Will I buy it again? 

Yes.


Nina's View

My perception was that these smaller cookies have a higher proportion of butterscotch nuggets in them than their larger counterparts. This made them less cookie-like and more candy-like than I would prefer. They are uber sweet and rich. They're really good. Don't let the smaller size lull you into eating the whole bag at one sitting. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Almost bought these the last time I was at TJ's ... but figured you were a lock to let me know if I should!

    Thanks for being so predictable!

    ReplyDelete